Ep 04: The First 6 Weeks Postpartum
Episode 04: The First 6 Weeks Postpartum
In today’s episode we talk about the real deal with the first 6 weeks after giving birth. If you’re pregnant, early postpartum or know someone who is – you cannot miss this episode!
Key points discussed:
- Common pelvic floor issues that shouldn’t be considered your new normal after giving birth
- What the 6 week check up with your care provider really tells you about your physical recovery
- How support during these early weeks can affect your recovery
- The shift in focus from ‘mom’ to ‘baby’ postpartum and how this can affect how you feel
- The realistic side of ‘self care’ postpartum
- Tips of how to not loose yourself during this new journey of motherhood
Our take home for you is to know you are NOT alone in your postpartum experience. We want you to be armed with information before you give birth or soon after to help with your physical, mental and emotional recovery. #momshelpingmoms
We would love to hear from you:
- Leave a note in the comment section below
- Ask a question in the To Birth and Beyond Podcast Facebook Group – GO HERE.
- Leave a comment on the To Birth and Beyond Podcast Instagram feed – GO HERE
References and Resources:
1). What No One Tells You About Early Post-Pregnancy – Read Here.
2). You’re Doing a Good Job Mama – Read Here.
3). An Open Letter To Moms Stressing About Their Bodies and Their Bellies – Read Here.
4). Do Moms Get To Live A Life They Love? – Read Here.
5). Video Interview: Top recovery tips for first 12 weeks postpartum – Read Here.
6). Video Interview – Top tips for helping you recover the first 2 weeks postpartum – Read Here.
7). Video – cesarean scar massage to help with healing – Read Here.
1:48 – Some of our own physical experiences, as well as some clients – sharing, not scaring
9:00 – Jessie shares her feelings about her Caesarian scar
12:04 – Breastfeeding in the first 6 weeks
16:11 – Pelvic Health in the first 6 weeks
20:25 – Let’s talk about losing weight post-partum
25:43 – How to react to people who comment on your body
29:01 – The 6-week post-partum checkup and pelvic physiotherapy
33:46 – Moms need to talk with each other to share information and experiences
35:26 – Post-partum mental health
50:59 – Emotional health aspects of post-partum
55:18 – Self care and staying yourself through the process
59:54 – Life and relationship changes post-partum
1:04:59 – On the next episode of To Birth and Beyond…