Ep 07: Cesarean Birth Recovery
Episode 07: Cesarean Birth Recovery
In today’s show, we talk through the physical, mental, and emotional factors that can go into Cesarean birth recovery. Jessie gives insight into her own personal experience through this, with her first baby’s birth.
Often, C-section moms are basically left with nothing. NO advice when they leave the hospital. So, today we will be covering useful recovery tips, what to do in the immediate postpartum period, as well as in the continuing weeks and months. The advice you needed, with clinical counsel from Anita, mixed with life experience tips from Jessie!
We would love to hear from you:
- Leave a note in the comment section below
- Ask a question in the To Birth and Beyond Podcast Facebook Group – GO HERE.
- Leave a comment on the To Birth and Beyond Podcast Instagram feed – GO HERE
References and Resources:
1) Exercising After C-Section? Read This First – Read Here.
2) Cesarean Scar Massage – Read Here.
3) 4-Minute C-Section Scar Massage Tutorial – Read Here.
4) My Experience with Birth Trauma – Read Here.
5) Exercise Guidelines: How to Workout For The First Year Postpartum – Read Here.
1:21 – C-section moms are left with nothing
2:32 – Jessie’s recovery experience overview
3:32 – Anita’s work with C-section moms
5:36 – Immediate postpartum recovery needs
10:40 – Do NOT be afraid to ask people to help you in your comfort and putting support in place ahead of time
13:50 – Stay on top of your pain killers…and mesh underwear
15:52 – Compression items: do they help in recovery?
21:00 – Jessie’s experience with infection in the C-section scar
25:58 – Scar care
28:55 – The mental and emotional aspects of C-section scars
30:39 – The return to movement and exercise after C-section
36:36 – Mental and emotional healing
39:36 – Second birth decisions
43:38 – Episode summary
44:36 – On our next episode…