Ep 06: What is Pelvic Health Physiotherapy?
Episode 06: What is Pelvic Health Physiotherapy?
Today, we’re answering a common question: What is pelvic health physiotherapy? Yes, it’s a thing that exists and we want everyone to know about it!
We discuss why someone might seek out care before, during, and after pregnancy, what might happen during a pelvic health physio session, and the benefits that can come from treatment.
We would love to hear from you:
- Leave a note in the comment section below
- Ask a question in the To Birth and Beyond Podcast Facebook Group – GO HERE.
- Leave a comment on the To Birth and Beyond Podcast Instagram feed – GO HERE
References and Resources:
1) What is Prenatal Pelvic Health Physiotherapy? Read Here.
2) Your Pelvic Floor Questions Answered – Read Here.
3) Find a Pelvic Floor Physiotherapist in Ontario, Canada – Read Here.
4) Find a Pelvic Floor Physiotherapist in Other Canadian Provinces – Read Here.
1:38 – What are some common pelvic floor issues that so many women are told is a normal part of life?
2:53 – Where are these Kegel muscles and what do they do?
5:36 – We need to be looking at the whole picture – our core canister – not just the pelvic floor
6:40 – There is a way to breathe to activate core and pelvic floor!
8:00 – How is a pelvic health physiotherapist different from a “regular” physiotherapist?
12:45 – What Anita would suggest someone say to their doctor to convince them they want/need to see a pelvic health physio
15:25 – Common pelvic floor myths, BUSTED (pssst – you do not have to be pregnant or have had children to have pelvic health issues)
23:00 – Anita describes what a pelvic health physiotherapist appointment like
30:56 – 3 things that are SUPER important regarding what Anita just shared
34:54 – Why would someone visit a pelvic health physio during pregnancy?
36:57 – What about someone who is trying or thinking about conceiving in the next year?
38:48 – Recap of what we talked about!
39:20 – Next week on To Birth and Beyond!