Ep 05: Prenatal Exercise
Episode 05: Prenatal Exercise
In today’s show, we talk about exercising during pregnancy. We discuss the modes of physical activity we engaged in during pregnancy, the fears that can exist around pregnancy exercise, and how we coach our clients and patients to ensure the exercise they’re doing is truly beneficial on physical, mental, and emotional levels.
We would love to hear from you:
- Leave a note in the comment section below
- Ask a question in the To Birth and Beyond Podcast Facebook Group – GO HERE.
- Leave a comment on the To Birth and Beyond Podcast Instagram feed – GO HERE
References and Resources:
1) To Pregnancy & Beyond. – Read Here.
2) 4 Strategies for Prolapse in Fitness Coaching – Read Here.
3) Are you a Bum Tucker in Exercise? – Read Here.
4) 6 Glute Exercises To Do During Pregnancy – Read Here.
5) “I Don’t Want To Get Pregnant Because It Will Ruin My Body.” – Read Here. ‘
6) Top 5 exercise tips for pregnancy that every mom needs to know. – Read Here.
1:26 – What pregnancy exercise looked like for Jessie and Anita
8:21 – To exercise or not to exercise in pregnancy
10:56 – Care providers telling us not to exercise
12:41 – #NoExcuses
14:23 – Feeling like ‘yourself’ through exercise
15:26 – Fears around pregnancy exercise
22:23 – Physical benefits of exercise in pregnancy
30:56 – Prepping for postpartum: lifting your baby, etc.
32:48 – What physical activity is GOOD during pregnancy?
36:09 – How much exercise is too much? How do I know if my pelvic floor is handling it?
39:09 – Should you stop exercising at the end of pregnancy?
40:09 – Show wrap up
40:29 – Next week’s episode.