Episode 56: In Depth on Birth Prep
Episode 56: In Depth on Birth Prep
In today’s episode, Anita and Jessie go in-depth on how they prepared for birth: from strength training, to what they purchased, resources they hired, podcasts they listened to, and beyond!
We would love to hear from you!
If you liked this episode of To Birth and Beyond, tell your friends! Find us on iTunes and Stitcher to rate/review/subscribe to the show. Want more? Visit www.ToBirthAndBeyond.com, join our Facebook group (To Birth and Beyond Podcast), and follow us on Instagram @tobirthandbeyondpodcast! Thanks for listening and joining the conversation!
Resources and References:
- TBAB Top 5 Exercise Tips for Pregnancy Episode: http://tobirthandbeyond.com/top-five-pregnancy-exercise-tips/
- TBAB Prepare your pelvic floor for birth Episode: http://tobirthandbeyond.com/pelvic-floor-for-birth-2/
- Spinning Babies Techniques: https://spinningbabies.com/learn-more/techniques/
- Spinning babiesparent class video: https://spinningbabies.com/product/parent-class-digital-download/
- Spinning babies daily essentials: https://spinningbabies.com/product/daily-essentials-digital-download/
- TBAB Prenatal Yoga Episode with Deb Fleshenberg: http://tobirthandbeyond.com/prenatal-yoga-deb-flashenberg/
- Perineal Massage video: https://www.holistichealthphysio.com/single-post/2017/07/22/Perineal-Massage—preparing-your-pelvic-floor-for-birth
- TBAB What is Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy? Episode http://tobirthandbeyond.com/pelvic-health-physio/
- What is Prenatal Health Physiotherapy? Veodp: https://www.holistichealthphysio.com/single-post/2017/08/27/Prenatal-Pelvic-Health-Physiotherapy
- Hypnobirthing: https://us.hypnobirthing.com/
- TBAB Doula Care Episode with Bebo Mia: http://tobirthandbeyond.com/role-of-doula-bebo-mia/
- TBAB Homebirth Episode: http://tobirthandbeyond.com/home-birth-101-kaitlin-murray/
- TBAB Fear Free Childbirth Episode with Alexia Leachman: http://tobirthandbeyond.com/fear-free-birth-alexia-leachman/
- Fear Free Childbirth Podcast and Book: https://www.fearfreechildbirth.com/
- Birth Hour Podcast: https://thebirthhour.com/
- Informed Pregnancy Podcast: https://www.informedpregnancy.com/
- Evidence Based Birth Podcast: https://evidencebasedbirth.com/evidence-based-birth-podcast/
- Yoga I Birth I Babies Podcast: https://prenatalyogacenter.com/podcast-list/
- Birthful Podcast: https://www.birthful.com/category/podcast/
- Doing It At Home Podcast: https://www.diahpodcast.com/
- RockStarBirth Radio Podcast: https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/rockstar-birth-radio/id1124640454
- TBAB Evidence Based Birth Episode with Rebecca Dekker: http://tobirthandbeyond.com/evidence-based-birth-rebecca-dekker/
- Evidence Based Birth: https://evidencebasedbirth.com/
- Association of Ontario Midwives: https://www.ontariomidwives.ca/
- SOGC – Society of Gynecologists & Obstetricians of Canada: https://www.sogc.org/
- ACOG – American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists: https://www.acog.org/
TBAB Birth Preferences Episode: http://tobirthandbeyond.com/birth-plans-preferences-final/
1:02 – Today we are sharing resources, and specific ways that Anita and Jessie prepared for their births.
2:12 – If you are not planning on having a home birth, don’t turn this podcast off! Here’s why…
4:14 – Starting with the physical side of birth prep…strength training!
8:44 – Release work – it’s not just stretching!
16:48 – Specifically to the pelvic floor…perineal massage!
24:42 – Internal pelvic floor treatments during pregnancy.
25:29 – The mental and emotional side of preparing for birth…
49:33 – Getting practiced at talking about the hard and uncomfortable things.
51:09 – Some last thoughts on preparing for home AND hospital births.
54:47 – Our thoughts on having a doula.
58:59 – Was Anita’s husband on board with a home birth from the beginning?
59:42 – Birth Preferences: do they matter?
1:10:34 – On the next episode of To Birth and Beyond…